Monday, November 3, 2008

shake the dust

yesterday i watched a nearly immobile woman who is coming to the very end of her life story be helped to the front of the sanctuary and lead everyone (without any prior worning or preparation) in the song "running for my life." I've never seen someone so elated because of Christ in my entire life.

over the past month i've met several guys who have beaten addiction and homelessness and are now finding jobs to start new lives. They have hope that for once in their lives something will go right because of who's hands their lives are now in.

i've met jobless women who volunteer every day that they aren't job searching. they serve 200 people food and take a small bag of whatever is left home for the
mselves.

during my two days of homelessness i encountered a woman with a beautiful heart
who took a friend and me under her wing, taught me to panhandle, and helped me find food and money.
she gave me her only spare sign

which was "i'm just hungry" scribbled the backside of an bus advertisement
and half of her earnings
just because she wanted the two of us to eat.


That is Christ.




If you allow yourself to stand with your feet cemented in your comfort and allow the dust to collect on your shoulders, you will never see Christ as He hoped you would.

1 think:

Anonymous said...

I found you through my friend lucy...i was checking out her blog like usual...then i saw she put u up there...so i decided to see ur blog..and i just hav to say that it is amazing wat you are doing. The way you live your life for christ is inspiration.I hope at some point i will hav that willingness and passion to serve god like you do.

sincerly, Molly S.