Friday, September 21, 2007

The sad fate of photographs.

there's something to be said for
the way I live my life.
I mean, I'm sure it's not a life anyone
would WANT to live.
It's sporadic and spontaneous at times while
completely still at others.
I constantly am in jeans and no shoes, and spend lots
of time listening to music
and writing
and drawing new tattoos
and talking to God.
I don't really pray, really
just kinda talk to him. It's a good way to get my head straight.
most people don't have that problem.
I don't mind though.
I'm getting off topic. Where was I?
ah.
My life.
I climbed a mountain by myself today
so that I could get some peace
and quiet.
I wrote and watched
and read
and took photographs for old people
who for some reason take the most pictures.
That's always confused me. The people closest to death take the most pictures
maybe it's so they can surround themselves with the happy things
maybe not.
maybe it's so they can let their family know that they're still around
cause they're always asking you
"would you like to see some pictures of my family?"
"grandpa, I've seen them. They all look the same."
but you don't say that. that would be rude.
you sit and smile and wait for the time to go.
maybe that's me though.
maybe I'm just rude.
maybe not rude.
but conceited in the fact that my time is too important
to spend looking at pictures that I've seen before with
old people.
...that kinda makes me sad though.
cause when I'm old, I'll want to show pictures
cause that's all I'll have.

I'll have the memories of my friends and family.
and when my memory starts to fade.
I'll have pictures.
Lots and lots of pictures.
And maybe if i have enough pictures, I can string together some some sort of a timeline.
YES! Some sort of picture show to show what I can't explain.
everyone will want to see my pictures I'll have a wall to walk down and tell my story
of this life that I'm so fond of.

but then..
they won't want to listen.
because "grandpa, I've seen them. They all look the same."

It's a sad fate. Being overlooked.

it hurts more i guess when it's photographs your memories rest it.

1 think:

Lucy Doughty said...

i like how you think. i like your life and how you live it. i really like this post...

'I mean, I'm sure it's not a life anyone
would WANT to live.'

don't be.